About sixteen:nine International Film Festival

SNIFF stands for sixteen:nine International Film Festival, launched by the students of Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Management. It promotes student filmmaking and independent cinema through the medium of short films.
Radhika is committee member/content writer for the Literature Department of SNIFF '09. This blog is a record of her thoughts and experiences during the making of SNIFF '09. She is entitled to an opinion about everything and due to superior verbal stamina, she has to talk about it. In general, she loves reading and listening to music in her free-time. Her favourite activities include writing, dancing and playing throwball. She tries to imitate planet Earth and sometimes even the Solar system while moving around, otherwise she's pretty human. Her two standing rules are:
1. No Khan-bashing (Khan being the VCP, who she respects tremendously)
2. No talking about SNIFF over food (which assures a SNIFF-free ambience for at least 2 hours everyday).

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Drags

I suppose there must be a lot of work going on at SNIFF, I haven't been there in quite a while. It's probably because I have other activities, longer that usual lectures, hardly any lengthy write-ups- but it also because the stepping down of Khan has had an unfair effect on me.
I have, to a considerable extent, lost my faith in the SNIFF system.
Thanks to the divisiveness of the core, I'm sorry to be that blank with you, but till the time I'm convinced that you truly believed SNIFF is better off without Khan, I cannot resume my previous enthusiasm.
So he yelled, he played dirty politics- so what?
Haven't you done that too?
Haven't you chickened when the Literature team needed you?
Have you ever gone out of your way to make any of your technical 'sub-ordinates' feel like someone important?
Have you ever believed that 'you are as important as I am- Committee member or HoD'?
Have you any idea of what you expect of SNIFF? Have you any vision?
How much have you tried, as an individual, to correct your dominating, emotionally curbing ways? He did.
Have you made yourself important enough in anybody's eyes that your opinion can't go unheard?
A lot of people I know feel that this is for the 'better of SNIFF'. Those also include some who had sworn to stand by Khan, just the way he stood by them.
I know I'm sounding ultra-Khanist, but I've made my principles very clear right from the beginning- I shall never compromise on Khan or quality.
If you are as good as he is, dear core, how come it is him who gets work done?
How come neither of the current VCP's have any hold like Khan over their respective committees?
So if tomorrow I yell, or can't talk in the politically correct way to people, despite of good work being done, am I likely to be thrown off SNIFF?
Is this the 'All for one, one for all' policy?
I have questions, core, and because this is one place I can voice my opinion without thinking twice (my page, remember?), I will say what I want.

No comments: